Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 12: Your favorite concert


Out of all the concerts I have been to in my life, seeing fun. perform in September of 2009 at Kilby Court was the greatest one of all. For those of you not familiar with Kilby Court, it is a small little hole in the wall venue in downtown Salt Lake City, UT. When I say small and hole in the wall, I really mean it. Although it is lacking in square footage, its atmosphere and sound are no disappointment! I'd guess that max capacity is only a couple hundred people, at most.

Kilby Court

Fun. had just released their debut album, Aim and Ignite, in August of 2009 and was beginning their promoting tour. For those of us die-hards, we were anticipating the album release for months! When I heard the show was being played at this particular venue, I was elated. To me, this meant only true fans would be able to go, and not just anyone who heard something was going on from down the street.

So my friends Josh, Marcus and I were crammed into this tiny, shed-type building- like sardines- with other people who were just as excited to be there as we were. We were packed in so tight that because I put my arms up over my head at the beginning of the show, I had to leave them up the whole time, as there wasn't enough room to puck them back down. Everyone knew every word to every song that was played, and they certainly weren't shy about shouting them at the top of their lungs! By the end of the night, I was drenched in sweat (not just my own, mind you,) I lost my voice, and broke my second favorite pair of flip flops. However, I still consider that to be the greatest concert I have ever been to.

Us with the band, September 10, 2009

2 comments:

  1. FUN! pun intended. This is amazing. I would love to see one of my faves play in such an intimate setting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! In retrospect, I'm really glad Marcus was the one there with me, as he was just as big of a fan of theirs as I was! Such a good show :)

      Delete