Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 2: The meaning of your blog name


To say it was difficult choosing a name for my blog would be putting it mildly. It seems like everything I thought of was already taken. When I decided on "Jessie's Jems," I wasn't completely sold on it right away, it took some deep consideration on my part. After all, it is a huge deal, eh? I was actually worried that people would think I didn't know how to spell gems! Rest assured, friends, I do indeed know how to spell gems, but I wasn't about to spell my name "Gessie," so here we are with Jessie's Jems ;)  My jems consist of anything from my crafting endeavors, to funny stories about Jaylinne I would like to catalog, or basically just anything I feel inclined enough to write about.

If I thought choosing the name of the blog was hard, I was in for a rude-awakening when it came to the design of the blog.  Let me fill you guys in on a little secret: I get an idea in my head of how I want something to be, the finished product if you will, and I will not rest until it is exactly the way I want it. I chose everything for the blog: the color scheme, the frames, the placement of the flowers, etc.. I was just lucky enough to have a husband who was ready willing and able to build it from the ground up for me! Thank the Lord for patient, helpful, web designing husbands!


3 comments: