Monday, May 7, 2012

Sunday Funday!


Usually on Sundays our days consist of laying around and watching soccer. However, this Sunday was a little different; It was my niece, Dalys's, blessing. So on went the dresses, and believe it or not we attended church....for about 25 minutes ;) We weren't sure where exactly the church was, so we met my parents at my sister's house to all head over together. By the time we got there, everyone was outside ready to go. I brought my camera because I knew there were some pictures just begging to be taken:


This is the whole family gathered together for Dalys's special day. Quite the rough looking bunch, wouldn't you say?!



My sister's cute little family! Mom and dad are looking very proud of all their little ones. I'm not sure exactly what Dayne is looking at, but I know whatever it is, he is giving it some serious consideration! His hair 'do makes him look quite scholarly!


Little Dalys was very thankful that everyone was there with her to celebrate her special day. However, she was still concerned as to who the hell was shining that light right into her baby eyes!?


Here she is showing off her beautiful dress in Grandma's arms. She's thinking she might wear it around the house a time or two, you know- just to feel fancy! When we pulled up, the first thing Jaylinne said was, "Mom!?! Dalys is wearing a wedding dress!?!" I think she was concerned that she didn't wear hers as well...


Right when we got here, I saw Dayne and he came a running. Full speed. I knelt down on my knee to snap a picture, and he immediately got on his knees and sat beside me.


Not about to let Dayne soak up all the attention, Dylan and Jaylinne followed suit shortly after. Then we all hopped into our vehicles and headed to church.

As we were walking into the chapel, there was a little, old, white-haired lady standing at the door. She took one look at my visible tattoo (the horror!), the obvious group of "non-members" that followed closely behind and quietly said, "Welcome to church." I'm almost positive she thought we were going to burst into flames. You could almost hear her thoughts: Look straight ahead. Don't make eye contact. Smile...but not too big. I couldn't help but giggle! All in all it was an important event in Dalys's life, and I'm glad we could all share it with her.

Later on in the afternoon, we decided we would tackle our garden. Well, to call it garden would be very optimistic. At this point, it was just a bed of dirt and weeds. But oh the possibilities! We spent almost the whole day out there weeding and planting flowers.


 Ok...so when I say "we" were hard at work weeding and planting flowers, what I really mean is that Ryan was the one hard at work weeding and planting flowers. But he was drinking beer at the same time, so it was totally manly!


My job was picking out which flowers to plant, and dispersing the water/beer as requested. I took it very seriously ;) While we had other things going on, Jaylinne decided she still wanted to be outside and play. So she grabbed her princess bucket and set out to pick "berries" for Bert. Who is Bert you ask? Bert is her white stuffed kitten she got for Christmas from her great-great-uncle Alvin. She loves this kitten. Here she is hard at work picking berries:


It turns out that Jaylinne is a gal of many talents. Not only is she good at picking berries, she's good at picking her bottom too! :)


 Ryan and I thought the berries would be for Bert to snack on. Apparently we were sadly mistaken:



Clearly these berries were made for sitting in. My theory is that he was trying to make wine :) Only the best for Ol' Bert! After a couple of long, hot hours in the sun we got some flowers planted, and I finally got to put up my peacock garden ornament! I love peacocks, and Jaylinne thought this particular peacock looked like Kevin from the Disney movie called Up, so we knew this was the bird for us!


My only fear is that someone will try and steal Kevin from us! If that happens, no more Mrs. Nice Lady. The gloves are comin' off!?

We made some definite progress yesterday, but all is not finished yet! I plan on posting more pictures as more progress is made. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! The most divine post I have ever read! I laughed pretty much the whole time. The "oh no, here they come" look, I have definitely witnessed and you described it to a T! The pics of Dalys are adorable and the three of them on their knees is a definite framer! And my oh my, what a beautiful peacock you have there! ... oh, and the Jaylinne bottom picker is hilarious! I also prefer to be the Official Booze Bringer when it comes to yard work. :)

    ReplyDelete