Friday, February 14, 2014

*Valentine's Day 2014*


Let's be honest, Valentine's Day is severely over-rated. Throughout my adult life, I have never been a fan of it. However, when I was growing up, my parents made a big deal about it for us kids, and because of that, I enjoy making it a big deal for Jaylinne also :)

For quite some time, she has been going on and on about Heelys- which are shoes with retractable wheels on them. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but for the past few months she has been quite convinced she will not be able to continue living without them! Ryan and I decided we would go ahead and surprise her with a pair for Valentine's Day. We got her a few other goodies as well. We laid them out after she went to sleep the night before so she would wake up and see them :)  








For her valentines to take to school, we decided to make her classmates mixed CDs with some of her favorite songs on them.I made "CD sleeves" out of valentine themed scrapbook paper, and Ryan helped me make labels for each CD! We had Jaylinne "autograph" each one, and on some, she even drew a picture with it! Don't worry, in case you couldn't tell what it was she drew, she wrote a description next to each one: pig, cat, dog, fish, shirt. Where she comes up with these ideas, I'll never know ;)

 



For her class party, which I was also in charge of, we made some goodie bags that has stickers, pencils, bookmarks, pencils and erasers in them.


I was stumped as to what kind of game to do for them to play. I wanted it to have a Valentine's Day theme, so I decided I would make a memory game.  I found pictures of "Love Monsters" on the internet, printed 2 of each one, attached them to some extra scrapbook paper so you could not see through them, and laminated them for extra durability. They turned out really cute, and the hest part is that I'll be able to save them and Jaylinne can play again and again! $9 well spent if you ask me...



The class party was a success! I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would like, but I'm thankful I was at least able to snap a few!




















This year, I was even able to surprise Ryan with a gift! That never happens ;) I got him a few sweaters, a pair of pants- which he was in desperate need of- and some cologne. I got up in the middle of the night to put his out too, so he would see it when he woke up. His card was my favorite part! ;) I had Jaylinne get him a card too.





For our "date," we took Jaylinne and her cousin Hadley swimming at the Provo Rec Center. They recently remodeled it, so they have waterslides, etc.. in the pool area. It was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment