Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 12, 2014


Today my beautiful mom turned 58 years young! To celebrate, Laura and I made dinner and dessert, and we took it over to their house for a little party. When we got there, there were these flowers on the table the ladies from Relief Society brought over. Well done, ladies!



 For dinner, I made Shish Kabobs with seasoned beef, chicken, bacon, italian sausage, lil smokies, green peppers, mushrooms and red potatoes. I prepped the stuff before we went over there, that way we could just throw them on when everyone was ready!  They turned out pretty good!







For dessert, Laura made "Better Than Sex Cake." And let me tell you....it was. So delicious!



It was a fun night! It's always good to be able to get together with family, especially when your family are the greatest people in the world!












            


            


Happy birthday, Mom! We love you so much!

While today was a day of celebration for my mom, part of my heart is also heavy. One year ago today, I lost one of the greatest friends I had the pleasure of ever having. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him, and his daughter he left behind. I'm thankful I had him in my life, and cherish the times we had. Gone, but most definitely not forgotten! Love you, Dave!



No comments:

Post a Comment