Monday, February 10, 2014

Jaylinne's Take On Fire Safety


Today I went into Jaylinne's class to pick her up from school, as opposed to just waiting outside for her after the teacher has excused them. Once I walked into the classroom the substitute teacher, Mrs. South, pulled me aside and said she needed to tell me something. At that moment, about 20 different thoughts ran through my head as to why she needed to talk to me: She's being bullied?! Oh no- she's doing the bullying?! She's struggling in math?! It's the "greater than, less than" concept isn't it?! Did she pee her pants?! She said a cuss word, I just know it! I think she could tell by the look on my face that I was worried, and she reassured me it wasn't a problem right away.  I calmed down when she began to giggle a little.

She read the class a story today about a prairie fire, and apparently it was a pretty big one! People had to be evacuated, etc.. At the end of the story, she began to ask the kids questions about what was just read to them. When asked what the most important part of the story was, apparently Jaylinne threw her arms in the air and shouted, "It was spring time!"

Clearly this girl of mine has her priorities in order ;) She is counting down the days until warm weather! Aren't we all, Jaylinne Louise, aren't we all...

No comments:

Post a Comment