Sunday, September 15, 2013

Oktoberfest

On Sunday, September 15, 2013, Ryan and I went to Oktoberfest with some of our friends. Since I am not much of a beer drinker, I was a little worried about how much fun I would have. I had never been before, and neither had Ryan, so we figured we'd go see what it was all about! With good friends, we were bound to have a good time!




It was held at Snowbird Ski Resort, which is the only ski resort I have ever been to...and I still have never actually went skiing ;)  They're pretty green in the summer time!


These are the party people that went us, they're always a hoot! From Left to right: Michael, his wife Kandi, Heather, and Ryan and myself. Look out Oktoberfest, we are about to take you prisoner!





When we first walked in the front gates, they had vendor booths set up for people to buy things. It was pretty cool to see all the stuff that people brought in.



I tried to talk Ryan into a fancy new pair of underwear, but sadly he could not be persuaded. Yes, yes they do indeed say, "Butt Quack." You will regret this, Ryan. Maybe not today, maybe not a month from now, but one day, you will regret this! 




The first order of business? Obviously checking out their selection of beer! They had glasses you could buy, so I got this one as a souvenir. I thought it was pretty cool! My beer of choice? A pumpkin ale. If I have to drink a beer, it might as well have whipped cream on top! I knew early on this was my kind of place ;)


Next, we decided to check out the food. They had a big pavilion set up with a stage where people were playing music, and performing, etc..  So we set up shop right around that area. Pretty close to our table, there was a table full of men and women who were dressed in what I'm assuming was traditional German garb. They were having a blast! They were fun to watch. The picture is pretty blurry, as they were busting out their moves, but you can tell these guys had "good time" written all over them!






When I heard the music they were playing, I too felt like busting a move ;) I'm not exactly sure why, but this is the dance I had in  mind. At first Ryan didn't get that memo, and he was trying hard to pretend the moment didn't strike him also ;) Eventually he warmed up. The second take the music ended and left us hanging, but the third time was the charm! And we nailed it ;)



 However, sadly, our victory was short lived. This gentleman- you will know him when you see him- quickly put us to shame. Pretty light on his feet wouldn't you say?!


And not to be outdone, this talented fellow quickly stole the stage! I can't even imagine. I can't even wrap my head around the one yoyo concept, ans he has two and is doing tricks?! Geez! 



They had a few rides set up, however we decided that tummies full of beer and rides wouldn't be the best idea we ever had, so we respectfully declined. They looked pretty fun though!




These are pictures of us admiring them from afar ;) Instead of rides, we opted to check out the face painting booth. What could go wrong there?!



Oh....That's right. We could end up with mustaches! We are a couple of handsome ladies if I do say so myself ;)


I had to bribe Ryan with a waffle on a stick to let me back in the car with him on the way home! He said he didn't marry no bearded lady, but I just think he felt threatened because his own mustache wasn't as lush and full as mine ;)  What a great first experience at Oktoberfest!

No comments:

Post a Comment