Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Keeping The Tooth Fairy In Business, One Tooth At A Time...


Today after we got home from California, I went to pick Jaylinne up from school. I was parked out in front of the school, as I do everyday. When she sees me, I usually hear a, "Hi Mom!" However, today was a bit different. She laid eyes on me, screeched out a, "Mommy!" and took off full speed for me. Now if you're anything like me, one of the worst sights to see is a child running at full speed! It gives me a sick feeling in my stomach because more often than not, it usually ends in bloody knees and tears.

She made it to me without tripping over her own feet, but I noticed she was carrying a ziplock baggie in her hand. That's when I saw it: She was missing her front tooth on the top! Sure enough, in the bag was her tiny little tooth. When I questioned her about it,  she said one of her friends elbowed it out accidentally! Ouch! She said it didn't hurt and she didn't cry, which was hard for me to believe given her first experience with losing a tooth! However, she was a bit nervous to eat anything for the rest of the day. When I asked her why she was nervous, choking back the tears she said, "This is why I was worried about turning 6!" Aww :)



For those of you who may have forgotten what an ordeal losing her first tooth was, here is a little reminder. This was on January 20, the night lost her first tooth. Mom and dad forgot to mention that she would bleed. She is afraid of blood and thinks she is "going to die" if she bleeds :(






No comments:

Post a Comment