Sunday, November 18, 2012

*HaPpY HaLLoWeEn*


 
Jaylinne finally dressed up as Alice! I am not sure why, but ever since she was born I have wanted her to be Alice for Halloween! I figured since she finally understands it is "Alice in Wonderland" and not "Allison Wonderland" this would be her year. Her costume turned out to be a lot cuter than I was expecting!

Rather than wear tights, we opted for the knee socks option. It was 72 degrees outside, so we figured why not! Her shoes even had little heels on them! HEELS?! FANCY! I'm thinking that's what swayed her decision to dress up as Alice in the first place ;)

Before Ryan and I met, he wasn't into dressing up. However, he has come a looong way! He knows that Halloween is my favorite holiday, so he goes out of his way to make it a big deal for Jaylinne and I :) I have to say, I am rather proud this year! Usually, I just pick out his costume and he wears it. This year, he put together almost the whole costume himself! Well done, Ryan, well done! Johnny Depp: take notes.

I asked for his best "Mad Hatter Poses" and this is what I got!

I don't have a leg to stand on though, because in my head, these poses scream, "Queen of hearts!!"

As soon as J woke up, she was ready for Halloween! I was no longer "Mom," I was, "Queen of Hearts." At her school, they were doing a parade through all the classrooms, and a party in her own classroom afterwards. Her teacher was asking for volunteers to come in and help. A party?! On Halloween?! Count me in, teach! Jaylinne didn't know I was going to dress up for the party, so she was pretty excited when she saw the Queen of Hearts at her very own school! Brandy was able to get a picture of the look on her face when she saw me :)


This is one of her friends from school named Aliyah. What a couple of cuties! :)
At the party, we were in charge of bowling. The pins were just liter bottles of water with glow sticks in them. What a cute idea! It was more work than i was expecting, so I was very thankful for Kyler's mom and Brandy there to help out too!



After the festivities at school, and dinner at home, it was time for trick or treating! Our first stop was Grandpa Milt and Grandma Kathleen's house. Jaylinne was so excited to go see them! They said it was a slow night for them, and that they only had about 25 trick or treaters so far. That made me laugh, because at my mom and dad's house, they get maybe one....on a busy night ;)

Then it was time for the whole family to get together! Here is my mom (Raggedy Ann), and dad (creepy skeleton), with the grand kids.

The Wildberries!


No comments:

Post a Comment