Thursday, November 29, 2012

Today's The Day!


Jaylinne has made friends with a little girl in her class named Brooke. In October, it was Brooke's birthday and she invited Jaylinne to her birthday party. Since then, they have become quite the best of friends! Each day when I drop Jaylinne off for school, after a few minutes I hear nothing but squeals and shrieks as Jaylinne and Brooke see eachother. From the way they carried on, you'd think they hadn't seen each other in years!

The week before Thanksgiving, the girls had their first playdate over at Brooke's house. Jaylinne had a blast! Ever since, she has been begging for Brooke to come to our house to play. After coordinating schedules with Brooke's Momma, we decided today was the day! Jaylinne was so excited she could hardly stand it!

I picked the girls up from school and brought them home, and after a quick snack, it was time to let the games begin! Crackers and cheese: the meal of champions!




After they were gassed up and had full tummies, the next order of business was: Operation Dress Up! Jaylinne was Rapunzel at her wedding, and Brooke was Merida from Brave. What a couple of cutie pies!

 
I was worried they would be bored when they got here, as we don't have a ton of extra space. Then, I remembered being at a friend's house when I was about 6 or 7 (I'd guess), her name was Kim Gardner. Her mom let us "design" our own t-shirts with puffy fabric paint. PUFFY FABRIC PAINT?! Kim's mother was a genius! As I look back on my childhood, not a whole lot of playdates stand out, but I'll tell you one thing: you can bet your bottom I will always remember the puffy paint! So I picked up a few aprons for kids at the craft store, along with some paint so they could spruce them up a little :)


 



Jaylinne sure had a blast and I am so glad she found such a cute girl to be friends with!They had a good time, and ended up with a cute apron each :) Brooke's is on the left and Jaylinne's is on the right. 





No comments:

Post a Comment