Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sometimes A Treasure Hunt Is All You Need!


Since we moved into the place we live currently (a little over two years ago now) I have been trying to figure out what to do with some dead space in our living room. There have been several attempts, but much to my disappointment, none of them turned out the way I wanted them to. I knew I wanted pictures in frames, all different sizes and colors. However, when I put the "Wall of Frames" up, I hated it. Since then, I have been on a mission to get it just the way I wanted it. And finally....IT'S DONE!

Before. Could this space get any more...blah?!

After. I was looking around for a table of some sort, and I found this beauty. I knew it was the one as soon as I saw it! I bought it at Osmond Designs. 

My favorite part might just be the turquoise, old fashioned clock, which was bought at Rod Works.

I knew I wanted to have some old fashioned looking books on top of the table, and I knew D.I. was the place for me! Each of the books I found there for $1.00 a piece, except, "America's Garden Book." That one broke the bank at a whopping $2.00. The brown one is dated 1931, which I thought was pretty dope. Book ends were bought at Rod Works.

These frames were purchased at Pier 1 Imports. I got 2 of them, and just hung one upside down to add some "balance." Love the colors! I wanted to leave a few spaces empty to add a pattern, and I chose the gray and white zig zag.

3 comments:

  1. That looks so great! I LOVE the chevron in your frames...so cute and clever! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I also love that Rod Works store! ; )

    ReplyDelete