Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Not for the squeamish...

Well family and friends, I'm afraid this post will be one of despair. As Ryan and I were laying on the couch watching tv, Jaylinne was in our room laying down watching Gnomeo and Juliet. (For the 5th time...TODAY!) From the couch we can hear laughter, and on occasion, even some snorting betwixt the giggles. Then we hear something very unfamiliar- silence. Followed very closely by sobbing. Hearing this, Ryan jumped up off the couch in one very swift, very cat- like motion before I could even muster up enough energy to sit up. Once in there I expected to hear from him a scream of sorts. Not so much. Instead, what did I hear you ask? A chuckle. A chuckle?! The nerve! Once in the room I quickly began scanning the scene for bumps, bruises, and dare I even think it- blood. I saw nothing! Except, that is, for real tears. REAL tears?! This had to be serious. And serious it was. Ladies and gentleman, you might want to take a seat for this one...





Jaylinne has broken her funny bone. Do you see her gaping wound?! Yeah, us either ;) When questioned about how it happened, we were able to determine she bumped it on our bed, and it was NOT funny. The horror! Once the tears passed, we discovered that she will, in fact, pull through. For those of you who think the life of a toddler is a breeze, I have one four year old who will strongly disagree ;)

On a lighter note, Jaylinne got to bring home her class picture today! Who's that ravishing little girl on the bottom row, second in from the left? Oh that's just the prettiest girl in the world! Eat your heart out, Gerber baby :) Todd, that suave fellow you read about in the last post, is on the bottom row, second one in from the right. Shiloh, and her blond, pig-tailed hair, is on the top row next to Mrs. Buhler. What a fun bunch!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about her funny bone! I totally know Mrs. Buehler! She uses to live across the street from us growing up. She's really nice! Cute class pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blog! So cute. Chris went to Learning Dynamics and I have used the music and books with all of the other kids... it is an amazing program.

    Add me so I can follow you.
    Layna

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! Too stinkin' cute!! Poor little Jaylinne and her funny bone. And that Todd is a looker! Good job Jaylinne ;)

    ReplyDelete