Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Girls just wanna have FUN!

When I went to pick up Jaylinne from school today, her BFF Shiloh got to come over to our house and play! Her mom had left her carseat at school with her so I could just bring them both home with me when I picked J up. While walking out to the car, in the midst of all the hair twirling and girlish squealing, Jaylinne said she had some important news to tell me. "Todd gave me a ring today!? It's my wedding ring!" And with that gem, she had my full attention. As a mother, I fully expected to face obstacles such as this throughout her lifetime. I was just hoping she would be out of preschool and thinking seriously about kindergarten before she made any life changing decisions ;) Anyhow, this Todd character has somehow captured the attention of my Sweet Pea, and apparently those feelings have been reciprocated. Looks like I might need Ryan on full alert for this one! Looks like he's pullin' out all the stops! Well played, Todd. You sly-boots, you :) These are the jewels Todd so lovingly bestowed upon Jaylinne.



Once all the excitement from the impending nuptials died down, it was time to do some serious playing. I thought the ladies could use some fuel in their little tanks, so as they ran to her bedroom, I went to the kitchen to whip up some apple slices. (Why yes, yes I HAVE thought about being a chef! Ha!) Somehow, in the 45 seconds I had my back turned, there was a mild tornado that touched down on Jaylinne's dress up closet in her room! I was up to my waist in sequence, lace and tool! Was I mad? No! I was impressed! How did they do that?! And how could I not be moderately amused with these crazies smiling back at me?!



Needless to say, we had a day that was packed full of activities, wrapped in fun! Now it's time to sit back, relax, and watch RSL silence those Sounders! Right now we have our sights set on the western conference, but that's just a stepping stone to the MLS cup! SLTID!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... Todd is a lucky fellow. Congrats on the early proposal ;) Her little friend is adorable! Two cute peas in a pod!

    ReplyDelete