Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014- I Am Thanful For Adequate Plumbing


This year, for Thanksgiving, we had the family coming over to our house to eat. That meant Ryan and I would be cooking our first Thanksgiving dinner. I will be honest with you: the idea of it terrified me. I am not what you would call a "good cook." However, we decided we'd give it a shot!

The day before Thanksgiving, I decided I would do all the prep work I could in order to save as much time as possible the next day. Well, in the midst of my prep work, our kitchen sink and disposal backed up! This was around 11:00 a.m. so we called a plumber, from Any Hour Plumbing, to come out to our house to fix it. They showed up around 5....and "fixed" our sink for us. We thought all was right with the world, so we headed out for a night of bowling with Chad and Hillary and the kids.




Because we were having so much fun, we didn't realize what time it was, and we didn't get home until after midnight!

The next morning, we woke up and hit the ground running! That is, until we discovered, the sink was still not working properly. They had an emergency number listed on the receipt from the day before, so I gave them a call to see what we could do. Apparently- unbeknownst to me- it was Thanksgiving?! (THE HELL YOU SAY!) The pleasant gal I spoke with, who I can only assume was speaking to me (growling at me) through gritted teeth, had no problem reminding me of this fact. Again, in the spirit of full disclosure, I will tell you it was not the most pleasant of conversations. Words were exchanged (I used A LOT of swears at her.)

After getting nowhere, and now being aware there was nothing we could do until Friday at the earliest, we decided all we could do was make it work! The sink drained, but very, VERY slowly. At least we had running water! Somehow, I'm still not sure how, things went off without a hitch! Well...I mean...any more hitches. Things turned out great! Just wish Dad could have been there to enjoy it with us, and maybe even help me bitch about the plumbers a little ;) First Thanksgiving in the books! This will be one we will remember for a long time, I'm sure.

I was a little concerned about the turkey. The last time I had anything to do with a raw turkey was when I was pregnant.....and I ended up throwing up on it. This time was a success! Turkey-1, Jessie-1



Jaylinne wanted to help decorate the kids' table, so she decided to make place cards! She was pretty proud of them, and I love the way the little turkies came out that she drew :) 



She also made a sign for the door! 


No comments:

Post a Comment