Saturday, January 28, 2012

Family Pictures, Take 1!

As almost everyone that knows me knows, I LOVE TAKING PICTURES! I don't care who you are or what you look like; if you'll let me, I'll be all up in-yo-grill with my camera just snapping away. This tends to work out in my favor, as I'm not a terribly huge fan of being in FRONT of the camera. However, when the time comes for a "family portrait," I'll be the first one in line.

This morning, I woke up and thought about the plans we had for the day. Then it hit me: WE HAD NO PLANS! No errands to run, no house to clean. We were free to do whatever our little hearts desired. Well, my heart told me it was family picture day!

To make a long story short: Outfits were chosen, and bodies were bathed and shaven. Jaylinne cried, I yelled, and yes- I too, even cried. Something was always going wrong: if the destination was right, the sun was in our eyes. If the lighting was great, Jaylinne was crying. If Jaylinne wasn't crying, the memory card was malfunctioning. And there I was, screaming and stomping my feet throughout the duration of the process.

After getting home, and ranting and raving to my Mom and Dad, Ryan and I sat down and looked at the pictures. Were they what I was expecting? No. But in the midst of all the crap, did we end up getting a few pictures that I love? You betcha!








So what's the moral of this story, you ask? Don't sweat the small stuff. (Thanks Mom and Dad, I needed to hear this one today!) I am healthy, and have the greatest husband in the world. Together we are lucky enough to be the parents of the world's most beautiful, funny, amazing daughter! Don't believe me? I'll let this picture do all the talking:



4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Audrey! That outfit is one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these cute photos! I also believe I may recognize that backdrop you have ;) So glad you were able to get some good ones! What a good lookin' family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Oh, you recognize it alright, Meggi! I'm so sad! I think it might be getting torn down :(

    ReplyDelete