Monday, August 6, 2012

A lamp for Jaylinne


I am currently in the process of redecorating Jaylinne's bedroom. I wanted to have a fun, cute lamp on her dresser, however I couldn't find anything that wasn't exactly the same as everyone else's. It seemed like every store I went to had the very same selection as the store I had just left! So I decided to buy a very plain lamp with a shade, and make it different myself!



When I bought her new bedding set, the quilt came in a tote bag that was made out of the same material. I thought it was really cute, but decided it would never get used as a tote!


So I cut the ruffles off the tote, and decided to put them on the lamp for Jaylinne's room! After I cut each of the layers of fabric off, I put a few loose stitches in them and pulled the thread tight to make ruffles.


When I finished the stitching, I used a hot glue gun to fasten the layers to the lampshade, and voila! A unique lamp fit for the girliest of girls :)


1 comment: